QUICK GUIDE TO CONTENTS
4. Your Account
5. User Content
7. User Conduct
21. Use of Software (Including Mobile Application)
Additional fees for accessing and using the Internet remain at your charge.
You hereby release, discharge and agree to hold Us and any person acting on Our behalf harmless from any liability related in any way with the User Content.
Said User Content shall be authorized for all in-house or external, corporate or financial communication purposes, advertising, and for all public relations, historical or archival purposes, of L’Oréal S.A. or its affiliates, its products and/or its brands, particularly on the following media:
- Posting in all format, in unlimited quantity;
- The written press, unlimited number of publications;
- Publishing, unlimited number of publications, particularly publishing for purposes of in-house communication, including sales force and distribution network (wholesalers, retailers, agents, etc.), events, leaflets for congresses, tradeshows, stands, etc.;
- B-to-B communication, in the professional press, for an unlimited number of publications and/or quantities;
- Electronic, IT, digital, multimedia, Internet and Intranet publishing, via any websites (whatever the website and/or medium, including social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat or Instagram), unlimited number of inserts and broadcasts;
- Via any advertising media (including by way of advertising at retail outlets and on the L’Oréal S.A. brand
You also agree that We and Our affiliates are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in any User Content you send to Us for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products, services and content using such information, without any credit, notice, approval or compensation to you.
We cannot guarantee that other users will not copy, modify, distribute or otherwise use the User Content that you share. Therefore, if you have an idea or information that you would like to keep confidential and/or do not want others to use, do not post it on the Site. We and Our affiliates are not responsible for any user's misuse or misappropriation of any User Content you post on the Site.
This authorization gives Us the possibility to adapt your Content as initially fixed and/or make any such clarification to the User Content as We may consider useful, provided that the User Content shall not alter your image or words.
Further, the use of User Content may come with such anonymized information as your city, country or age, and/or, if you expressly authorized it, information allowing your identification such as your first name, or your alias.
- USER CONDUCT. By posting User Content in or otherwise using any communications service or other interactive service that may be available to you on or through the Site from time to time, you agree that you are the sole responsible person and/or entity from which such User Content originated. You also agree that the User Content is a true and accurate expression of your honest belief based on use of Our products and that you have and will disclose receipt of any free product or incentives in exchange for providing User Content.
If you become aware of any such User Content as may condone crimes against humanity, incite racial hatred and/or violence, or relate to child pornography, you shall immediately notify Us at the following email address at [email protected], or by sending a detailed letter to the following address 1500 Robert-Bourassa Blvd., Suite 600, Montreal, Quebec, H3A 3S7, specifying in your email/letter the date on which you discovered said content, your identity, the URL, description of the disputed content and the user ID of the author thereof.
- NO ENDORSEMENT. We do not control the User Content posted on the Site and, as such, We make no representations or warranties regarding User Content or its truthfulness, accuracy, reliability, integrity or quality. We do not determine whether User Content violates the rights of others, and We have no control over whether User Content is of a nature that you or other users may find offensive. User Content includes the opinions, statements and other content of third parties, not us. You acknowledge and agree that the information and views expressed by you and other users in User Content appearing on the Site do not necessarily reflect Our views or those of Our content providers, advertiser, sponsors, affiliated or related entities, and We do not support or endorse any User Content or any other content posted by you or any other user on or otherwise accessible through the Site. We do not assume, and expressly disclaim, any obligation or liability with respect to User Content and no confidential or fiduciary understanding or relationship is established by Our receipt or acceptance of any such materials.
This permission also grants Us a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, transferable right to use your video(s), photo(s) and/or other content posted online (e.g. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, or other platform) in addition to those you have tagged with any of Our brands’ campaign hashtag together with your social media handle, social media user name, profile picture, caption and location information you may have included in your content in any media.
- TRANSMITTING MATERIALS. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Site may involve (a) transmissions over various networks and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. We assume no responsibility for the deletion or failure to store postings or other information submitted by you or other users of the Site.
You agree that you will not harvest, collect or store information about the users of the Site or the User Content or use such information for any purpose inconsistent with the purpose of the Site or for the purpose of transmitting or facilitating transmission of unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk electronic mail or communications. You may not: (i) take any action that imposes or may impose (as determined by Us in Our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Our infrastructure; (ii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site; (iii) bypass any measures We may use to prevent or restrict access to the Site or portions thereof (or other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Site); (iv) run any form of auto-responder or “spam” on the Site; (v) use manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to “crawl” or “spider” any page of the Site; or (vi) harvest or scrape any content from the Site.
- PRODUCT AVAILABILITY. The availability of the products and services described on the Site, and the descriptions of such products and services, may vary based on location and timing.
- ADVICE AND BEAUTY PROFILE. The advice provided on this Site and/or the tools made available to define your beauty profile are merely simulations intended for obtaining expert cosmetics advice.
The information We deliver are for strictly indicative purposes and shall in no event replace a medical diagnosis or clinical consultation, nor be substituted for a medical treatment.
Accordingly, We cannot guaranty your entire satisfaction with the advice that results from the use of such tools and assume no liability for any use you may make thereof.
For any further information or in the event of doubt, We recommend that you consult your physician.
- COOKIES. Cookies are small files that are left on your device while you browse the Site (such as the pages looked up, the date and time of such access, etc.) and which may be read whenever your access the same Site.
- CONTESTS. This Site may, from time to time, contain contests that offer prizes or that require you to submit material or information about yourself. Each contest has its own rules, which you must read and agree to before you may enter.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. The Site, and all of its contents, including but not limited to articles, other text, photographs, images, illustrations, graphics, video material, audio material, including musical compositions and sound recordings, software, logos, titles, characters, names, graphics and button icons, excluding User Content (collectively “Proprietary Material”), are protected by copyright, trademark and other laws of Canada, as well as international conventions and the laws of other countries. The Proprietary Material is owned or controlled by Us or by other parties that have provided rights thereto to Us.
In the event that We make a Site available to you which enables you to edit a picture (especially in order to virtually test a cosmetic), you hereby acknowledge and agree that such Site shall be only for your own private use in compliance with its intended purpose. You shall not be authorized to make any such use of this Site as may be detrimental to the honor, repute or rights of any third parties.
- ACCOUNT TERMINATION. We may, in appropriate circumstances, terminate your account for the Site and any or all affiliate websites if you are a repeat infringer. If you believe that a user is a repeat infringer, you shall immediately notify Us at the following email address [email protected], or by sending a detailed letter to the following address 1500 Robert-Bourassa Blvd., Suite 600, Montreal, Quebec, H3A 3S7. Please provide information sufficient for Us to verify that the user is a repeat infringer.
- THIRD PARTY SITES AND LINKS. You may be able to link to third party sites, services or resources on the Internet from the Site, and third party sites, services or resources may contain links to the Site (collectively, “Linked Sites”). We are not responsible for the content, availability, advertising, products, services or other materials of any such Linked Sites, or any additional links contained therein, and Our inclusion of links to the Linked Sites on the Sites does not imply that We endorse or approve of any materials contained on, or accessible through, the Linked Sites. In no event shall We be liable, directly or indirectly, to you or any other person or entity for any loss or damage arising from or occasioned by the creation or use of the Linked Sites or the information or material accessed through these Linked Sites.
- THIRD PARTY MERCHANTS. The Site may enable you to order and receive products, information and services from businesses that are not owned or operated by us. The purchase, payment, warranty, guarantee, delivery, maintenance, and all other matters concerning the merchandise, services or information, opinion or advice ordered or received from such businesses are solely between you and such businesses. We do not endorse, warrant, or guarantee such products, information, or services, and are not liable for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such information or the quality of availability of such products or services. We will not be a party to or in any way responsible for monitoring any transaction between you and third-party providers of such products, services, or information, or for ensuring the confidentiality of your transactions.
- ADVERTISEMENTS, SPONSORSHIPS, CO-PROMOTIONS AND OTHER PARTNERSHIPS. We may display advertisements for the goods and services of a third party on the Site, including in connection with co-promotions, sponsorships and other similar partnership arrangements. We do not endorse or represent and are not responsible for the safety, quality, accuracy, reliability, integrity or legality of any such advertised goods or services.
- EVENTS. You may be invited or asked to attend events We sponsor or events held by other members and users of the Site, which are not in any way associated with Us (collectively, “Events”). Your participation in any Events is at your own risk and you agree to release and hold Us, Our subsidiaries, agents, distributors and affiliates, and Our officers, directors and employees harmless from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, liabilities, costs and expenses, including, without limitation, any injury or death to you or your minor children or wards, resulting from attending the Events or participation in any activities available at the Events.
We may automatically check your version of the software and update it to improve its performance and capabilities. If you shut down the software during an automatic update or otherwise interfere with the installation of the update, the software may be damaged and/or cease to operate.
If the software is a mobile application, it shall be delivered solely via electronic download from App Store or Google Play (the “Platform”). You may download from the Platform (i) a copy of the software and (ii) install it on the device as per the instructions provided during the installation and/or posted on the Platform. The installation and use of the software require a compatible device with an Internet connection. The following operating systems are compatible: iOS and Android. You shall bear exclusive liability for any operation related to the required device, as well as any telecommunication expenses incurred in connection with the installation of, access to and downloading of, the software. Your operator may charge you additional expenses for accessing the Internet from your device. We shall bear no liability for any network or roaming costs in connection with the software updates.
- DISCLAIMER. VISITORS TO THE SITE AGREE THAT THEIR USE OF, AND RELIANCE ON ANY ADVICE OR INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM OR THROUGH, THE SITE IS AT THEIR OWN SOLE RISK. THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE,” WITHOUT REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING AND TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, WE (INCLUDING OUR AFFILIATES, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS, MERCHANTS, SPONSORS, LICENSORS AND THE LIKE, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES) SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: (i) ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, APPROPRIATENESS, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, OR USEFULNESS OF THE CONTENT OF THE SITE; AND (ii) ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, WARRANTY OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR WARRANTIES IMPLIED BY ANY COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE. WE ALSO MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES AS TO ANY LINKED SITES AND WE HAVE NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY WITH RESPECT TO YOUR USE OF SUCH SITES. IN SOME INSTANCES, CONTENT MADE AVAILABLE ON THE SITE MAY REPRESENT THE OPINIONS AND JUDGMENTS OF PROVIDERS OR USERS, SUCH AS USER CONTENT. WE AND OUR AFFILIATES DO NOT ENDORSE NOR SHALL WE OR THEY BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT MADE ON THE SITE BY ANYONE OTHER THAN OUR AUTHORIZED EMPLOYEES ACTING IN SUCH CAPACITY.
THIS DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY APPLIES TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURIES CAUSED BY THE SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE DAMAGES OR INJURIES OCCURRING AS A RESULT OF: (1) ANY ERROR, OMISSION, DELETION, OR DEFECT IN THE CONTENT AVAILABLE ON THE SITE, OR (2) ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF RECORDS, INFORMATION OR DATA, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORDS, INFORMATION OR DATA, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, DEFAMATION, OR ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. WE DO NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE: (1) THAT ANY PORTION OF THE SITE WILL BE FREE OF INFECTION BY VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, OR ANYTHING ELSE MANIFESTING CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES; OR (2) THAT ACCESS TO THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
WE DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF USE OF THE MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON THE SITE. YOU (AND NOT WE OR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR, OR CORRECTION.
WE DO NOT HAVE ANY OBLIGATION TO VERIFY THE IDENTITY OF ANY PERSON SUBSCRIBING OR USING THE SITE. THEREFORE, WE DECLINE ALL LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR IDENTITY THEFT OR ANY MISUSE OF YOUR IDENTITY OR INFORMATION.
APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, STATUTE OR OTHERWISE, IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR AFFILIATES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, OUR OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS, CONTENT PROVIDERS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, WASTED EXPENDITURE, LOSS OF BUSINESS AND OTHER PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF PROGRAMS, COST OF REPLACING EQUIPMENT, SOFTWARE OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES, OR LOSS OF RECORDS, INFORMATION OR DATA), OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES ARISING IN ANY WAY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO: (i) THE AVAILABILITY, USE, RELIANCE ON, OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE ANY PLATFORM APPLICATIONS OR ANY CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIALS ON, ACCESSED THROUGH OR DOWNLOADED FROM THE SITE; OR (ii) ANY CLAIM (INCLUDING FOR PROPERTY DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE OR COMPUTER SYSTEM) ATTRIBUTABLE TO ERRORS, OMISSIONS, OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN, OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES OF, THE SITE OR THE LINKED SITES, OR ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR OTHER MATERIALS AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE SITE OR LINKED SITES, EVEN IF WE OR OUR AFFILIATES, OR OUR OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS, SUPPLIERS, CONTENT PROVIDERS, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS ARE AWARE OR SHALL HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BECAUSE SOME PROVINCES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH PROVINCES OR JURISDICTIONS, OUR LIABILITY SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW (THEREBY MINIMIZING OUR LIABILITY TO YOU TO THE LOWEST AMOUNT THAT APPLICABLE LAW PERMITS).
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER SUBMISSIONS OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY OF THE ABOVE CLAIMS OR FOR DISPUTES AGAINST US OR ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES IS TO DISCONTINUE YOUR USE OF THE SITE.
NOTHING IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SHALL BE DEEMED TO EXCLUDE OR LIMIT YOUR LIABILITY IN RESPECT OF ANY INDEMNITY GIVEN BY YOU UNDER THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- GOVERNING LAW; GENERAL INFORMATION. The Site is intended for the enjoyment of residents of Canada and We control and operate it from Our offices in the Province of Quebec, Canada. Visitors acknowledge that the Site, and all activities available on and through the Site, are governed by the laws of Canada and the laws of the Province of Quebec. We do not represent that materials on the Site are appropriate or available for use in other locations.
Please feel free to contact Us via one of the methods described on Our Contact Us page, or send a letter to HAIR.COM, 1500 Robert-Bourassa Blvd., Suite 600, Montreal, Quebec, H3A 3S7. You agree that We may send notices to you regarding your use of the Site by means of electronic mail, a general notice posted on the Site or by written communication delivered either by overnight courier or mail to your email or mailing address as appearing in Our records from time to time.
This policy was last updated on March 1st 2019
Thank you for visiting our site, which is part of the L’Oréal Canada Inc. family of brands and brand sites (“L’Oréal”, “us”, “our” or “we”). We place great value on honesty and clarity and we are committed to building a strong and lasting relationship with our consumers based on trust and mutual benefit.
As part of this commitment, we have created this policy to provide you with information about how we collect, use, share and protect information collected from our sites, mobile applications and social media pages (collectively called the “Sites”), when you shop in our stores or when you otherwise interact with us. By providing us with your personal information you agree to the terms of this policy.
This policy applies to consumers residing within Canada only that visit our Sites or our stores. Visitors from other countries should visit the L’Oréal/brand site for your part of the world. This policy does not apply to job applicants. If you submit a job application through the Sites, your personal information will be governed by a separate policy located on the L’Oréal Careers web site.
To help you navigate through this policy, just click on any of the questions below:
- Information that I provide directly
- Information that I provide through third party social media platforms
- Information that is collected automatically
- Information collected from third parties
- With the family of L’Oréal brands
- With the public when you post the information on public forums
- With third parties providing services on behalf of L’Oréal
- With third parties (including social media sites) to whom you have provided consent
- For business transfers
- When legal disclosure is required
- To process or store the information in a foreign jurisdiction
HOW IS MY INFORMATION USED FOR INTEREST-BASED, BEHAVIOURAL OR TARGETED ADVERTISING AND WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE?
- You can opt out from receiving promotional communications
- You can opt out of targeted advertising
- You can opt out of text/sms message
- You have the right to be informed
- You have the right to access your personal information
- You can ask that your personal information be changed or deleted
- You can challenge L’Oréal’s compliance
“Personal Information” means any information or pieces of information that could identify you either directly (e.g. your name) or indirectly (e.g. through pseudonymized data such as a unique ID number). In other words, personal data includes things like email/home addresses/mobile phone, usernames, profile pictures, beauty profiles, personal preferences and shopping habits, user generated content, financial information, and welfare information. It could also include unique numerical identifiers like your computer’s IP address or your mobile device’s MAC address, as well as cookies.
Personal Information does not include anonymous or aggregated information that cannot be tracked back to you personally.
We may collect information that you provide to us directly, information automatically collected and information from third parties. We may combine information that we collect via one method (e.g., a website, our digital advertising) with information that we have collected via another method (e.g., an offline event). We do this to get a more complete view of our consumers, which, in turn, allows us to serve you better and allow for more customization.
If you submit any personal information relating to other people to us or to our service providers, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
If you register on a Site, make purchases through a Site or one of our stores, join a loyalty program, enter a contest or promotion, submit a beauty profile, a consumer survey, photo, video or product review, sign up to receive emails or other offers or communications, we collect and store the information provided, including Personal Information. If you use our virtual try on features, we may collect and store your image(s), for example, if you use social sharing to send your image to a friend or post it online or if you save it to your profile.
We may also offer you the opportunity to engage with our content through third party social media platforms, in which case you may allow us to have access to certain information associated with your social media account (e.g. name, username, e-mail address, picture). We may use this information to confirm your identity and to personalize your experience.
L’Oréal’s use of social media serves as an extension of its presence on the Internet. Social media account(s) are public and are not hosted on L’Oréal’s servers. Users who choose to interact with L’Oréal via social media, should read the terms of service and privacy policies of these platforms. Please remember that any content submitted to one of our social media platforms can be viewed by the public, so you should be cautious about providing certain personal data e.g. financial information or address details. L’Oréal is not responsible for any harm that results due to posting personal data on one of our social media platforms.
Certain of our mobile apps offer opt–in, geo–location services and push notifications. Geo-location services provide location–based content and services, such as store locators, local weather, promotional offers and other personalized content. Push notifications can include discounts, reminders or details about local events or promotions. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services or push notifications. If you consent to location services, we will collect information about the Wi–fi routers closest to you and the cell IDs of the towers closest to you to provide location–based content and services.
L’Oréal and its third–party service providers may also use a variety of technologies that passively or automatically collect information about how the Sites are accessed and used including but not limited to your browser type, device type, operating system, application version, the pages served to you, the time you browse, preceding page views, and your use of features or applications on the Sites.
L’Oréal also automatically collects an IP address or other unique identifier information ("Device Identifier") for the computer, mobile device, technology or other device (collectively, "Device") you use to access the Sites or on third party websites that publish our advertising. A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device by the Device provider when you access a web site or its servers, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. For mobile devices, a Device Identifier is a unique string of numbers and letters stored on your mobile device that identifies it. We may use a Device Identifier to, among other things, administer the Sites, help diagnose problems with our servers, analyze trends, track users’ web page movements, help identify you and your shopping cart, deliver advertising and gather broad demographic information.
Like many web sites, we use "Cookies," which are data files that are sent through your web browser to your computer when it is used to visit the Sites to facilitate site navigation and to personalize your experience, including tailoring advertisements. Cookies may also be used to collect your MAC address for analytics purposes or associate you with social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter and, if you so choose, enable interaction between your activities on the Sites and your activities on such social networking sites. Note that cookies may be used and linked to other personal data you have shared with us (such as previous purchases or newsletter subscriptions).
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; or set your browser to automatically not accept any cookies. However, please be aware that some features and services on our Sites may not work properly because we may not be able to recognize and associate you with your account. In addition, the offers we provide when you visit us may not be as relevant to you or tailored to your interests. To learn more about cookies, please visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org
We use pixel tags or web beacons, which are transparent graphic images placed on a web page or in an email to indicate that a page or email has been viewed or to let your browser retrieve content from another server. These measure the success of our marketing campaigns for example and compile statistics about usage of our sites and services and response rates.
We may provide in-store technologies (such as Wi-Fi networks and Bluetooth beacons) to help personalize and improve your shopping experience. These technologies may require the collection of certain information about your mobile device, such as your MAC address or other device identification information and may permit you to submit personal details for increased levels of personalization, such as your interests, shopping preferences, and sizing information.
We may receive information from third party partners, such as publishers that run our advertising and retailers who feature our products. This information includes marketing and demographic data, offline records and information from an advertiser about your experiences or interactions with them. We may also receive information from other companies that collect or aggregate information from publicly available databases or if you consented to allow them to use and share your information. This might be de-identified information about purchasing patterns, location of shoppers and sites that are of interest to our consumers. We also collect information about users who share common interests or attributes (e.g. color treated hair) to create user “segments,” which help us to better understand and market to our customers. We may use your data as part of health-related segments about non-sensitive conditions such as dry skin.
We may combine such third party data with other information we receive from or about you.
Our websites and Apps may from time to time contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we are not responsible or liable for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you choose to connect to our in-store Wi-Fi services, L’Oréal will receive information about you and your device, including your device’s MAC address, IP address, and technical details about your device such as its operating system and device type (including make and model) and technical capabilities. We will also receive information about how you use our Wi-Fi network while you are connected, including the store location, the areas of the store you visit, the names and/or Internet addresses of the websites you visit and the applications you use, and how long you interact with such sites or applications. We collect this information each time you connect to the Wi-Fi services and may associate it with other information we have collected from and about you.
If your mobile device is configured to search for available Wi-Fi networks, we may receive information about your device even if you choose not to connect to our Wi-Fi services.
For your convenience, we may provide you with an option to stay connected to the L’Oréal Inc. Wi-Fi networks. If you choose this option, you will be automatically logged into the Wi-Fi network of any of our Brands’ store offering Wi-Fi services, and we may collect the information described above even if you do not actively use your Internet browser or your mobile applications during your time in our store. You can choose to disconnect from the L'Oreal Wi-Fi network at any time through your device’s Wi-Fi settings. However, please note that disconnecting from one store’s Wi-Fi network will only disconnect you from that network during your current visit.
Personal Information about you may be maintained and processed on our behalf by our affiliates and other third party service providers inside and outside of Canada including but not limited to the United States. Your Personal Information may be subject to the laws of the countries in which it is stored or used, and those countries may have a different data protection regime than the country in which you reside and under the laws of those other countries, in certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information. By providing us with any personal information, you consent to the transfer of your Personal Information to other countries, such as the United States, which may have a different privacy regime from your country of residence.
Unless otherwise permitted or required by law, L’Oréal shall make reasonable efforts to only collect personal information that is necessary in the following contexts and for the associated purposes:
Account creation and management:
Manage your orders, promotions, surveys or contests you choose to enter; Offer you a loyalty program or personalized services based on your beauty characteristics; and allow you to manage your preferences and enrich your profile.
Newsletter sign up and commercial communications
Send you marketing communications that may be tailored to your “profile” or may offer exclusive news, promotions and opportunities for engagement with Us.
Purchases and order management:
Contact you to finalize your order where you have saved your shopping cart or placed products in your cart without completing the checkout process; Inform you when a product you wanted to purchase is available; Process and follow up on your order including delivering the product to an address you provided; Assist you with the payment for your order or the return of a product you previously purchased; Measure satisfaction; and Manage any dispute relating to a purchase.
Consumer care based on inquiries or shared experiences:
Respond to your questions and otherwise interact with you or connect you with relevant services;
Proper functioning of our websites/apps:
Profiling and behavioral advertising
To send or display personalized communications or content tailored to your interests/needs
User generated content
To post your review or content to promote our products if you have consented to such publication, or in accordance with the specific terms and conditions accepted by you.
Use of apps and devices
To provide you with the products or services requested, including skin/hair advice and notifications; For development, research and innovation by scientists within L’Oréal Group; and For monitoring and improvement of our apps and devices.
Safety and security
Video surveillance is used at warehouse and store locations to identify/investigate theft or security concerns; To perform studies relating to the safe use of our products; and
To perform and follow-up on corrective measures taken as needed due to any undesirable effect or adverse reaction linked to the use of our products
Protect you and us against fraud, and to meet legal or regulatory requirements imposed upon L’Oréal from time to time.
When Personal Information is collected by one of our L’Oréal Canada Inc.brands, we may share that information with our affiliates and other L’Oréal Canada Inc. brands.
You may disclose Personal Information when you post content to our websites, in-store technologies or other public forums, such as our brands’ media pages, blogs and online product reviews. Any information that you disclose through these services will become public.
We share your Personal Information with third parties that perform functions on our behalf (or on behalf of our partners) such as service providers that host or operate our Sites, provide analytics and site usage information, process transactions and payments, fulfill orders or provide customer service, loyalty program administration, redemption; advertisers; sponsors or other third parties that participate in or administer our promotions, contests, sweepstakes, surveys or provide marketing or promotional assistance.
We may share information with other entities and affiliates of the L’Oréal Group, our parent company, and service providers on a need-to-know basis to prevent fraud, for research and innovation, to improve our products and services, for internal audit, management, promotional, customer service or administrative purposes including defending and bringing legal actions.
As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or our assets, or assets related to the Sites, Personal Information, usage information, and any other information that we have collected may be disclosed to such entity as one of the transferred assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties.
We may transfer and disclose information, including your Personal Information, Usage Information and Device Identifier, (including IP address), to third parties to comply with a legal obligation or when we believe, upon reasonable grounds, the disclosure is necessary to protect the rights or safety of an identifiable person or group.
Your Personal Information may be transferred to a foreign jurisdiction to be processed or stored by L’Oréal or its service providers, including data hosting providers. Such information may be provided to law enforcement or national security authorities of that jurisdiction upon request, in order to comply with foreign laws.
We also work with third-parties such as ad networks and other advertising companies that use their own tracking technologies (including cookies and pixel tags) on our websites and apps, on third-party websites and apps, and on our advertising placed on third-party websites. These companies may collect information about your activity across your different devices on our websites and apps and third-party websites and apps (such as web pages you visit and your interaction with our advertising and other communications) and use this information to deliver advertisements that are more relevant to you across the Internet (including for companies not affiliated with us), which you may see on our websites and other websites. This process also helps us manage and track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. To learn more about these and other advertising networks and their opt-out instructions,visit the digital Advertising Alliance of Canada at http://www.youradchoices.ca/choices
L’Oréal and its brands to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. If at a later date you prefer not to receive promotional information, such as information about special offers, sales events, and opportunities for engagement from one or more of our brands, you can let us know by contacting our customer service as described in the section entitled, “How do I opt out?” below or you can follow the "unsubscribe" link provided in promotional emails or text messages sent to you.
If you unsubscribe from promotional communications from a brand, you may continue to receive transactional and account-related messages from the brand and promotional communications from the other brands you have not unsubscribed to.
To learn more about these and other advertising networks and their opt-out instructions,visit the digital Advertising Alliance of Canada at http://www.youradchoices.ca/choices
- You can request that your Personal Information not be shared with our advertising partners by contacting [email protected]
- You can opt out of text/sms message
If you choose, you can provide your mobile phone number and sign up to to receiving text message alerts containing product and/or event information, product tips or promotions that may be sent using automated dialing systems (“Text Messages”). Consent is not required to purchase goods or services. Message and data rates will apply and you should check the rates of your mobile carrier. You can opt out from further text marketing communications by texting STOP to the SMS number used by L’Oréal to contact you.
We may share your mobile phone number with service providers with whom we contract to assist us with the above activities, but we will not share your mobile phone number with third parties for their own purposes without your consent. You acknowledge that Text Messages are distributed via third party mobile network providers and, therefore, we cannot control certain factors relating to message delivery. You acknowledge that, depending on the recipient's mobile carrier, it may not be possible to transmit the Text Message to the recipient successfully; nor is content available on all carriers. We do not claim or guarantee availability or performance of this service, including liability for transmission delays or message failures.
You have the right to obtain clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your Personal Information and your rights (subject to applicable legal restrictions). This is why we are providing you with the information in this policy.
Upon a detailed written request, L’Oréal will, in a timely manner and in accordance with the legal timeframe, afford you a reasonable opportunity to review your Personal Information as contained in our files (subject to applicable legal restrictions). In order to safeguard and prevent fraudulent access to personal information, we may take steps to verify your identify or your legal representative before granting access. We may charge a reasonable fee taking into account the administrative costs of providing the information. Requests manifestly unfounded, excessive or repetitive may not be answered to.
You have the right to have your personal data rectified if it successfully proven to be incorrect or outdated and/or completed if it is incomplete.
You have the right to contact our Privacy Guardian (see details below) in order to lodge a complaint against the data protection and privacy practices of L’Oréal.
L’Oréal retains Personal Information only as long as it is deemed necessary, to fulfill the purposes identified or as required by law. Keep in mind that the retention period for Personal Information may extend beyond your relationship with us. We use the following criteria to determine retention periods:
- Where you purchase products and services or participate in a promotional offer, we keep your Personal Information for the duration of our contractual relationship with you;
- Where you contact us for an enquiry, we keep your personal data for the duration needed to process your enquiry;
- Where you create an account, we keep your Personal Information until you require us to delete it or after a period of inactivity;
- Where you have consented to direct marketing, we keep your personal data until you unsubscribe or require us to delete your information; and
- Where cookies are placed on your computer, we keep them for as long as necessary to achieve their purposes (e.g. for the duration of a session for shopping cart cookies or session ID cookies).
Personal Information no longer necessary or relevant for the identified purposes or no longer required to be retained by law, shall be securely destroyed, erased or made anonymous.
L’Oréal takes seriously its obligations under the Quebec’s Consumer Protection Act. The Sites are not directed to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personally identifiable information from anyone under 13 years of age. If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain his/her Personal Information without the parent/guardian's consent. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13, we will make reasonable efforts to delete such information from our records.
We strongly recommend that minors 13 years of age or older ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet and we encourage parents to teach their children about safe internet use practices.
L’Oréal maintains reasonable safeguards to protect personal information against loss, theft, unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or destruction and when transferring information for processing and requires third parties providing services on our behalf to do the same.
No method of transmitting or storing data is 100% secure. As a result, although we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us through or in connection with L’Oréal websites. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem in order for L’Oréal to resolve the issue in a timely manner. Also keep in mind that e-mail is not a secure form of communication so never send sensitive personal information to us via e-mail.
If you have any questions about this policy, L’Oréal’s privacy practices, or would like to access your personal information, please contact us at:
Attn: Privacy Guardian
L’Oréal Canada inc.
1500 Robert-Bourassa, Suite 600
Montreal, QC, Canada
Or send us an e-mail with your request at: [email protected]
* NOTE: We cannot guarantee the security of e-mail communications over the Internet.
IS MY PERSONAL INFORMATION PROCESSED ONLY IN CANADA?
The Sites are governed by and operated in, and in accordance with the laws of Canada, and are intended for the enjoyment of residents of Canada. Country or region specific web sites are available for L’Oréal brands and products around the world. L’Oréal makes no representation that the Sites are governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of any other nation. By using the Sites, or providing us with any information, you (a) acknowledge that the Sites are subject to the laws of Canada, (b) consent to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of such information in and to Canada and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen, and (c) waive any claims that may arise under those laws.
We may change information on the Sites and/or this policy, at any time without prior notice to you, and any changes will be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised policy on the Sites. L’Oréal will use your Personal Information in a manner consistent with the policy in effect at the time you submitted the information, unless you consent to the new or revised policy. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices. You can tell if the policy has changed by checking the revision date that appears at the top of this policy.